GENERAL VOLUNTEER POLICY
- Volunteers are invaluable to The ReactiveConf as they enable us to do work that would not otherwise be possible, and often contribute specialist skills and knowledge.
- The ReactiveConf welcomes the contribution made by volunteers and is committed to encouraging more volunteering where possible.
- In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) of the European Parliament and of the Council, I voluntarily agree with collection and processing of all provided personal data by the Reactive Universe s.r.o., a limited liability company having with its registered seat at Ke Krči 1061/41, Braník, 147 00 Praha 4, Czech Republic, Identification no.: 069 78 906, to the extent of the data included in the email, the curriculum vitae and short motivational letter. The consent is provided for the period necessary to fulfill the purpose of processing and can be revoked at any time. The rights of the persons concerned are regulated in Art. 15-22 of the Regulation.
- All volunteers have the right to a free ticket to ReactiveConf (3day pass)
- Every volunteer will be provided with food during the ReactiveConf event
- All volunteers have the right to information about the ReactiveConf, its policies, and procedures
- Every volunteer has the right to positions description, outlying the upcoming tasks volunteers will be expected to perform
- Have the personal information dealt with in a confidential manner
- Every volunteer has the right to Say “no” if feels being exploited or uncomfortable
- A volunteer has right not to be treated in a manner that is discriminatory
- All volunteers need to be present at the pre-conference meeting on 29th of October at 12:00 at Forum Karlin (ReactiveConf Venue) for a full pre-conference meeting
- Every volunteer is required to work 6 hours a day (3day conference), respectively 1/3 of a conference time
- Work of the volunteers is divided into shifts; it’s not possible to work one straight conference day (18 hours) shift. (all additional information regarding the individual work matter responsibilities will be disclosed during the selection process)
- A volunteer is required to be punctual, reliable, accountable, carry out the duties given to volunteers by his coordinator, deal with complaints in the appropriate manner, ask for support when needed, support other volunteers and adhere to the ReactiveConf policies and procedures
- ReactiveConf does not arrange flights or make any travel arrangements to the city of Prague, and this is the sole responsibility of the volunteer.
- Passport, visa, and health requirements are subject to change, and the volunteer must check current requirements before departure. It is the volunteer’s responsibility to obtain all documents required for their trip to ensure that these are in proper order. ReactiveConf will not be liable if the volunteer fails to do so, and the volunteer will be responsible for meeting any additional costs incurred because of such failure.
- It is the responsibility of the volunteer, not ReactiveConf, to make sure that the relevant visas and/or permits are in place. Please check with the appropriate Embassy or Consulate well in advance before you travel outside your country.
- ReactiveConf shall not be responsible if the entry is denied to a country due to incorrect visa or passport documentation.
- Accordingly, the volunteer is solely responsible for planned travel arrangements and is solely responsible for the costs of his travel.
- ReactiveConf does not provide the volunteer with insurance of any kind. Furthermore, all volunteers are advised to acquire valid travel insurance. Accordingly, the volunteer is solely responsible for deciding the type, extent, and level of any insurance they require during the planned travel period and is solely responsible for organizing and covering the costs of this insurance.
- ReactiveConf does not provide any accommodation for the volunteers.
- The volunteer agrees that ReactiveConf shall not be responsible or liable for any volunteer who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited.
- The volunteer agrees to comply with the ReactiveConf Code of Conduct. Every volunteer must read this Code before volunteering at ReactiveConf web page (https://reactiveconf.com/code-of-conduct/). If the volunteer doesn’t follow the conditions outlined within the Code, the volunteer will be stripped of his conference pass and escorted outside of ReactiveConf venue premises.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL USE
- The volunteer must behave by the laws of the Czech Republic. Drug use (other than those prescribed by a doctor) is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate loss of ReactiveConf pass and will be escorted outside of ReactiveConf venue.
- By registering the volunteer ticket, you voluntarily agree with the collection and processing of all provided personal data in accordance with Act No. 18/2018 Coll., On the Protection of Personal Data by company Reactive Universe, s.r.o, a limited liability company having with its registered seat at Ke Krči 1061/41, Braník, 147 00 Praha 4, Czech Republic, Identification no.: 069 78 906 (hereinafter referred to as “Administrator”).
- The volunteer agrees that ReactiveConf shall not be responsible for paying any compensation occurred due to reasons or circumstances amounting to ‘force majeure.’
- Circumstances amounting to ‘force majeure’ include any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, avoid such as, without limitation, plane delays, war or threat of war, civil strife, government intervention, natural or nuclear disaster, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, adverse weather conditions, fire, and similar events.
- The volunteer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless ReactiveConf from any and all liability arising directly or indirectly out of, or in connection with, the volunteer’s travel, temporary residence in the destination, and the undertaking of volunteering or tourism activities.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER, LIMITATIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
- ReactiveConf does not discriminate by race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, disability, or marital status in its hiring, volunteering, or employment practices.
- Volunteering involves traveling to and working in Prague where some personal risk might occur. This includes physical injury, financial loss, mental/emotional trauma, and even death. The volunteer acknowledges and accepts sole responsibility for any such risks of whatever nature that may occur during the term of this volunteering agreement. ReactiveConf cannot accept any responsibility for accidents, injuries, loss of personal effects, or death, which the volunteer agrees to assume fully.
- The volunteer acknowledges that volunteering requires a degree of flexibility. ReactiveConf cannot accept any responsibility for any costs incurred by the volunteer which may include, without limitation, flight cancellations, hotel cancellations, taxi cancellations, etc.
- Furthermore, ReactiveConf disclaims any and all liability regarding any of the content provided by the volunteer. We have no way to verify that any of the information listed by the volunteer is accurate, up-to-date, or fraudulent. Should reliance on any of the volunteer information result in some cause-of-action or injury to the volunteer, known or unknown, ReactiveConf shall have no liability or responsibility.
- The volunteer agrees to irrevocably release, discharge, and agrees not to sue ReactiveConf from any actions, suits, liability, claims, or other causes of action of any nature, known or unknown, which may hereafter arise from any cause whatsoever including, without limitation, those arising from the volunteer’s participation at ReactiveConf.
- Modifications to Information. ReactiveConf reserve the right to modify the information at any time without notice. Continued use of the Information following the posting of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgment of such changes and satisfaction with the Information as so modified.
- Governing Law. The volunteer hereby further agrees that this Legal Disclaimer shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Czech Republic and that any mediation, suit, or another proceeding must be filed only in that jurisdiction, even if the volunteer is outside that jurisdiction.
- Injunctive Relief. A breach of this Agreement may cause irreparable and continuing damage to ReactiveConf for which money damages may be insufficient, and ReactiveConf shall be entitled to injunctive relief and/or a decree for specific performance, and such other relief as may be proper (including money damages if appropriate).
- Remedies. Both parties agree that any controversy or claim arising out of or relating the Terms and Conditions shall be first settled by arbitration. Both parties agree that any arbitrator needs to be mutually agreed upon. Should arbitration fail, both parties agree to have their legal issue be heard before a mediator that both parties need to mutually agree upon. Should mediation fail, both parties agree that they may then have their legal issue resolved by the courts.
BY REGISTERING TO CALL FOR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT
- YOU HAVE READ THESE TERMS FULLY
- UNDERSTAND THEM
- AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM
- YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THE TERMS, WE ARE UNWILLING TO CONSIDER YOU AS A POTENTIAL VOLUNTEER CANDIDATE FOR REACTIVECONF 2019.